Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Anne Laval, La Vie En Rose Fluo (La Vita in Rose Fluo), Inuit Editions, Bologna, Italy, 2018

This is just a really beautiful accordion with wonderful illustrations all wrapped together with a sense of humor and wonder. Laval studied illustration at the School of Decorative Arts in Strasbourg, France and has the following to say about how this Riso & silkscreen book came about. 

"In May 2016 I went to Bologna for an artistic residency at the Botanical Garden, and for two weeks that was my atelier. I scattered crayons. I camped inside the dry tropical greenhouse and discovered a thousand different varieties of cacti. I crossed the city on a bike and I lived with a giant wardrobe. I tamed the three gardeners and I ate an ice cream every day. And most of all I did draw."

10 single-sided pages, individually 4" x 6.5" and when opened 5ft 5".







back cover with pink plastic band
 

1 comment: