Saturday, December 25, 2021

Anna Eckert, Once I was a Swimmer and Remember Love, galerieminimal, Naumburg, Germany, nd

Once I was a Swimmer, nd

 
I just really like the freshness of Eckert's drawing style and the way she has seamlessly woven these different images together within this water themed accordion. Of this work Eckert says it's "...a biographical work and illustrates every day scenes and competition of swimmers."

8 double-sided pages, each 5" x 3.5", and when open 2ft 4".



reverse side


back cover


Remember Love, nd


An accordion made up of quotes from famous people about love, including Tolstoy, Pablo Neruda, Joan Crawford and Nikki Giovanni amongst others. Of this book Eckert wrote "In the Remember Love zine, I respond to some love thoughts, with wild expressive, dynamic, minimalistic, monochrome aesthetic to implement my ugly calligraphy style." Way to go!

8 single-sided pages, each 5" x 3.5", and when open 2ft 4".




back cover


No comments:

Post a Comment