Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Andy Warhol, Portraits of Ingrid Bergman, Galerie Börjeson AB, Malmo, Sweden, 1983


Inspired by the recent death of Ingrid Bergman (1915-1982), Warhol collaborated with Per-Olov Börjeson, director of the Galerie Börjeson (1969-2005) to publish an accordion book featuring three new screenprints of this well known actress. The result is a stunning 40 foot long accordion, printed on thick and glossy paper that complements well the different colored versions of Bergman presented here. 

On the inside of the two book covers are quotes by Warhol, and in his typical fashion they hide more than they reveal, but they make good reading anyway...with such beauties as "my paintings never turn out the way I expect them to but I'm never surprised," and "I never wanted to be a painter. I wanted to be a tap-dancer."

Single-sided, individual pages 9" (h) x 9" (w), 54 pages, and when fully extended 40ft., 6inches.








back cover

No comments:

Post a Comment